Solution to Mr Bullypant's issues!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Hello everyone, I have been busy this last week with a few changes in the big guys and the little guys world over here.
I needed to do a complete cleaning of my painted's anyway, so I just put this in then...
My solution to my midland mr bullypant's issues with my southern-
hh.jpg
-The infamous egg crate strikes again!
( @Randi, I went to the Home Depoooot looking for plexi, but I got this instead because it looks like the larger holes will allow for better water flow:( )
Now, I would just house them separately, but I only have an extra 20 gallon right now, which would mean an upgrade for Howi (aka, bullier) and I would have had to buy a glass tank, because these guys are the turtles that kind of in the middle of a walkway, so presentation is sort of valuable in this situation :) and really just don't not have resources right now to get a big glass tank.
m.jpg
-It's secured by three twisties at the top, onto that plastic bridge going across the top,

nn.jpg
uu.jpg
xx.jpg
-So far, they are enjoying their little worlds very much. Howi was absolutely disappointed when he realized he couldn't fit his adorable (fat) head through the grates.
Magellan, I think, is thrilled.
So far, there has been so attempted aggression or attempts to reach the other side since day one, each are eating just fine, and the water flow is great, and the holes are big enough so that debris can reach the sucky end of the tank.
My questions-
What do you think? Have you had success with this method?
I really want this to work out. I understand they can't ever be together again.
Is seeing his aggressor too stressful for my southern? He's doing great. Would it just be more beneficial in the long run to 100% separate?
Thanks for the advice :D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Good job. I think the larger holes will be better for the flow and cleanliness too.
I'm actually kind of impressed nothing has been getting stuck on it.
Any ideas for how to clean when the time comes?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Nice work. I use these for fish. You can cut some pieces of sponge and jam them between the plastic and glass to make it very hard to move. Nice looking tank you've got there. To clean you'll have to throw it into bleach water. Maybe have a spare one ready. I don't clean mine and they are GREEN! This one is between two Red Devils.

Attachments

• 1420848398053.jpg
    1420848398053.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Nice work. I use these for fish. You can cut some pieces of sponge and jam them between the plastic and glass to make it very hard to move. Nice looking tank you've got there.
I read that a lot of people choose this for bigger, aggressive fish when they have problems :D
So far, it hasn't wiggled at all, but if somebody has the urge to push it a bit, I may have to try that.
Thank you! :D