Some outdoor time for Benny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Well we finally are having some sunshine and heat here in Ontario, so Benny got out in his little garden for a wander.
He was booting around for the whole hour, munching, and pushing dirt and rocks. Most activity I have seen from him in some time. Made my heart happy. Wanted to share some shots and a video, but don't know how to share the vid
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373124975.453868.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373124990.243816.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373125004.019452.jpg scared him a bit when I dropped the phone down beside him for that last shot
Still would like to know where I can order cactus pads safe to feed if someone could let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Hey pretty Benny! Glad you had a good time outside.

Check online with tortoisesupply.com
I believe they sell it.

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

panda

5 Year Member
Gorgeous! Hope you get some more awesome sunshine so he get out more.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
LeopardTortLover said:
That last picture is adorable!!!!! His eyes!
Ps. i love seeing pics of Benny - he's one of my fave Leos ;)

Awe thanks, we are really fond of him.

I wish I could show the forum the beautiful patterns in his shell. His light areas have these really pretty swirls in them, looks like crop circles in some spots. The pictures just won't capture that detail and he won't stay still long enough for macro

Two kids, One husband, One Hines57, One Leopard Tortoise, and a room at the sanitarium lol

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373512940.889642.jpg
Benny got some more sunshine and garden time today. Instead of dandelions and clover however, he nipped my toes when I was dealing with my toddler. Got this pic of his escape

Two kids, One husband, One Hines57, One Leopard Tortoise, and a room at the sanitarium lol

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Benny got hibiscus (rose of sharon technically) today too. He is so funny about eating it. He burrows to the bottom of his food to eat his way out. He's trying to avoid the sprinkled vitamins and calcium.
Still hoping to get som cactus pads for him.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Enjoying his improved garden cause Ontario finally had a warm enough afternoon to get him out.
Benny now has access to a number of succulents, dandelions (of course), hostas, clovers, three types of lettuce, and hens and chicks. He was going crazy "running" around snacking on everything. Then he made his escape into the under-ground tunnel to lay in the mud.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1376226257.852434.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1376226270.141732.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.