some updated pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
It's getting cold here so I brought in some begonia plants before they died and put them in Pio's viv. He watched from his hide while I planted them and as soon as I finished he came out and went to the other side of the viv to check them out, but he didn't eat any.
088-1.jpg

instead he went for the hibiscus flower.
087-2.jpg

And here's Chewy...she's getting so big. She is trying to run away with her strawberry here.
005-23.jpg

Here's Lil Bindi with a big wax worm
002-23.jpg

Nolie is still not friendly with me at all. She will take a worm and run the other way
032.jpg

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Awwww, they're all so cute!! Love the look on Chewy's face:) Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Terri O

5 Year Member
That is a really nicely planted enclosure terryo! It is so green compared to mine for a "dry" tortoise! I am surprised they dont dig that all up in one day. Terri O

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Such great personalities...shy, gentle Pio, firecracker Chewy--what a face!! And little Bindi--isn't she that tiny little turtle hatchling someone gave you recently (or is my memory faulty)? She looks both frisky and determined.;)

And then there's Nolie with her back turned to you, clearly excluding you from her milieu for now!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
You got all of them right Septhanie...Chewy is a firecracker...and so un-afraid. Pio is very curious, but cautious at the same time and Nolie ....I'm starting to think she wasn't socialized at all...is afraid of me although she will take a worm from my hand and then run away. And who know's about Bindi..yes she was a birthday present from my sister.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I love them all Terry. They are so cute I had to call Alexander in to see the pictures. Pio is growing so big now. Dale is very jealous he doesn't have any plants in his inside enclosure. How do yours survive without natural sunlight?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thanks Candy...I think the plants do well because of the UVB light. It is like a plant light. Sometimes I have to cut the top off because they grow so high and hit the screen top. I thought he would eat the begonia plants, but he just walked over to check them out and then didn't bother with them anymore. Why should he...he gets plenty of food. lol

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Well Terry he is a well taken care of tortoise. He's lucky to have you. I wish we lived closer so I could bring Dale over to visit. :D

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Terry,
These are really nice pictures to look at. Your torts/turts all have such personalities!
Thanks for sharing.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Awesome! I still can't get over how pretty your enclosures are. Looks like paradise for torts and turtles. Flowers are a huge treat for my little guy as I don't have a green thumb so have to buy them, and it's expensive to get organic. So lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.