Something is wrong! (edema)

obi420

I soak him for 15 minutes 2 to three times a day and only a small amount of white urate has been produced since treatment but there was no urate or poop before and extreme lethargy before treatment. Now he's got snots but at least he wants to eat and has produced any urates. And thanks for the well wishes :)

Side note Tim had been neglected at his old home and is still suffering from his 5 year dehydration but he drinks every bath

laramill

Location (City and/or State)
NCentral Wisconsin
Maybe it's kind of like when people get sick-- sometimes that drainage (nasal) comes on when you're actually starting to feel better...
I hope so.

Eating is always a good sign, though. Keep us updated!

Olive865

new york
Have you tried to give your pet some medical CBD oil? I heard that it is a hot topic nowadays. I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain from http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/face-off-og/. Alternatively, they've also found new ways to infuse cannabis on food and beverages. However, I never tried this either. If this is true I can't find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Have you tried to give your pet some medical CBD oil? I heard that it is a hot topic nowadays. I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain from http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/face-off-og/. Alternatively, they've also found new ways to infuse cannabis on food and beverages. However, I never tried this either. If this is true I can't find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks
This post was almost 5 years ago. If you want to hear a testimonial on CBD though pm me. I'm on the medical list in my state and take it daily. To anyone reading this though check your local laws as it's not legal everywhere as of yet and we're not supposed to discuss any illegal activities on TFO

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Well, I'm sure I'm putting myself out there. But I want to offer my past experiences for consideration.

I have had amazing results with marijuana in helping reptiles appetites improve after rescuing them from neglectful situations.
I've seen amazing results with a horribly treated green iguana that was never given any correct conditions. Never handled by his owners in 5 years. He was so dry it was just wrong.
But he bounced back and became so nice to pet and ate like a pig. ( His name was Pig, by the way!)
An Australian monitor lizard that refused to eat anything when I first got her, she immediately developed a healthy appetite after a puff of weed smoke. A Russian Tortoise that I bought from Petco had an identical story. She was too dry, wouldn't eat. Weed he put her appetite right back. My sister's cockatiel was developing nervous feather plucking, and was not used to being handled. But he loved weed, and became very affectionate & liked kisses on the forehead. He also stopped pulling out his feathers.

I feel that I need to speak up, since I have had medical marijuana since I was 12 years old.