soon to be tort owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyOfTheWord

5 Year Member
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting (well, third try at making this post actually, but first time avoiding hitting the "send" button by accident.)

I love the knowledge base and activity that this forum provides. And the mobile app is to die for. :D

A little about me: 23 year old (soon to be 24) Chicago resident. I'm a recent college graduate with my own apartment and a tortoise-shaped hole in my life.

Thanks to everyone here, I have been able to gain enough knowledge to know what type of tort I want, as well as all the amenities required before I actually get him/her.

My plan is to get a Russian tort from cl or another person who does not want theirs anymore.
Currently, I have all the goods necessary for the indoor setup shown on the Russian tortise care sheet. My plan is to do a test setup before I get my tort, to make sure everything is good.

So in summary, nice to meet you all and thanks for all the advice I've already gotten from you. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! What did you major in while attending college? May we know your name? Sounds like your on your way to entering the wacky world of tortoise keeping. :D

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Welcome and post pics as soon as you get your tort. Be warned they are like potato chips, you can't just have one. LOL

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ladyoftheword:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name?

LadyOfTheWord

5 Year Member
Sorry, I thought I mentioned my name in the original post. My name is Trista.
In college I majored in English with a specialization in education.

While I would love to be able to have an opportunity to get more torts in the near future, space is kind of limited. Once I start my career on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.