Soooooo excited!

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Sierra Vista, AZ
I had purchase two raised garden bed kits several months ago, with the intention of making the outdoor enclosures.. However after seeing another forum member using the same kit indoors(http://www.tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/Setting-up-new-closed-chamber..95576/), I thought, heck ya, that it brilliant.

So, a little over a month ago, I purchased some wood because I have tile floors and did not want the garden beds to sit on the cold floor... I had plans to try to get Home Depot to cut the wood since I do not have a saw or any kind.. But my lovely step-dad offered to make the stands for me, which is awesome because if I had done it, they would have been, at best, been functional but with him doing it, they are probably both functional and aesthetically appealing!

Anywho, he is done with them and hopefully will be able to drop them off at my house today or tomorrow!!!

So, excited to set up the new enclosures and fill them with all the new plants I have been detoxing. Flash and Mr. Binker are going to be so happy... Plus, it will give me plenty of room to add 2 more red foots I have on reserve with a breeder!!

Even more exciting it will start getting cooler outside and I will be able to start working on outdoor enclosures to be ready for the spring.

YAY!!!

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Yes. I should hopefully get the stands tomorrow... Maybe Tuesday. The truck isn't working but I believe they are getting a hitch put on one of their other vehicles.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Yes. I should hopefully get the stands tomorrow... Maybe Tuesday. The truck isn't working but I believe they are getting a hitch put on one of their other vehicles.
Did you get your stands??

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Yea. Moved them into the front room this morning, was in the process of rearranging the enclosures and the legs of the table that Flash's enclosure sits on, gave out, so I need to run to the store to get a new, sturdier, table. Oy! I have been taking pictures so there will be a full recap, disasters and all.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Yea. Moved them into the front room this morning, was in the process of rearranging the enclosures and the legs of the table that Flash's enclosure sits on, gave out, so I need to run to the store to get a new, sturdier, table. Oy! I have been taking pictures so there will be a full recap, disasters and all.
Oh, no! Hope all is sorted now.

May

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
It was quite the ordeal. My step dad had to come over, and because Flash's enclosure is two tortoise houses latched together, we could not lift it up to put on the new table, not that we probably could have anyway once it is super heavy. So we had to slide the new table under the enclosure, then lift up one end onto the new enclosure stand, lift up the other end, while it dove under the table to lock that leg in placed then lift the other end off the stand while I dove under the table to lock the second leg in place.

I was able to get the DTs enclosure put together and lights temporarily secured, so they could be put in it. I am not exactly comfortable with the lights hanging, so I think am going to get some metal grid fence stuff and secure it to the tent legs to make a shelf for the lights to sit on.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
It was quite the ordeal. My step dad had to come over, and because Flash's enclosure is two tortoise houses latched together, we could not lift it up to put on the new table, not that we probably could have anyway once it is super heavy. So we had to slide the new table under the enclosure, then lift up one end onto the new enclosure stand, lift up the other end, while it dove under the table to lock that leg in placed then lift the other end off the stand while I dove under the table to lock the second leg in place.

I was able to get the DTs enclosure put together and lights temporarily secured, so they could be put in it. I am not exactly comfortable with the lights hanging, so I think am going to get some metal grid fence stuff and secure it to the tent legs to make a shelf for the lights to sit on.
Boy, sounds you had a busy weekend! The metal grid sounds good. Would love to see a picture of your setup when you're done.

May

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Thank goodness for pay day! I ordered several bags of organic top soil, peat moss and coco coir bricks, along with lava rocks to put in the bottom for drainage and large terra cotta saucers, 12" flat rocks, several more digital thermometers and a temp gun. And more lamps, timers and thermostat controlled plugs.

When I pick up my order from Home Depot tomorrow, I am going to pick up some mature plants to add to the enclosures.

So I will be busy this weekend finishing up the DTs' enclosure and getting Mr. Binkers' set up. I am hoping to get my two other red foots out of hock on October 10, wheee!

I will get photos of the DTs' finished enclosure, as well as progress photos of Mr. Binkers' enclosure posted ASAP!

I love buying pet stuff!!!

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
I just want to add that the red foots will not be living with Mr. Binker until they have been quarantined. Lol

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Are your reds babies?

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
How is your enclosure coming along???? Share some pics if I may ask..