Sorta new

Donotblink

New to this (or any) forum. My wife & I became foster owners of 3 male Sulcattas about 2 years ago. They are either 7 or 20 yrs old. We took them from relatives & their friends from Northern California. It was becoming too hard to care for them in winter up there & we agreed to find homes for them here, in southern Ca. Turned out, before we found them new people, they became part of our household. These guys are just to cool.
They sleep in a MDO box, with a heating pad under the rug in our garage. They go out in the fenced front or backyard every day. They keep the lawn golf course trim in winter. We supplement the grass with plenty of other vegetables & fruit, pamphlet approved.
Just by luck we found they are thrill seekers. We had placed tiles on the slope next to fence in order to discourage digging. One day I noticed Green had not come in for the night! He was sliding down the tiles, running back up & doing it over & over. We've built a custom tortoise slide & all 3 use it!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The are addicting and hard not to love. Would love to see pics or a vid would be better of them using the tort slide, sounds like a hoot
Hello and Welcome:)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
San Jose CA
You got to show us that video of torts slide, you got to......Please ! ! !

Hello and Welcome to the forum. Good to have you here. For sure...................

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Have a great tort day. !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Donotblink

I am sorry, I can't figure out how to upload a video? This is a photo of slide.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

Donotblink

Ok, Utube calls me Puffin Vapor? I do not know how. I uploaded the first slide we built, & Green sliding. I called the video "beta slide". I hope you can find it? I'll work with my tech guy tomorrow & get this wired. Thank you

Donotblink

Hello again, hoping this is how-- Utube name is Puffin Vapor. I added 2 more videos, "sliding tortoise & sliding tortoise 2. That's all I have on Pad. More on phone.
I actually joined up because I have a problem? Rascal, our smallest tortoise has a underbite. I've been hoping he would outgrow it, not happening. He eats Ok, but I have to chop up the harder stuff pretty small for him. Does anybody have advise. Included picture. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's amazing. Who says they don't think. Whoo! Yippee!!!

747117wei24kafiu.gif

Donotblink

I
That's amazing. Who says they don't think. Whoo! Yippee!!!

747117wei24kafiu.gif
I am sure they have a sense of fun. When they first found the slide they all did it over & over. Running back to top. Not so often now. Old news I guess.