Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
It is just positively gorgeous, green and lush here in Louisiana. Such a contrast from the brown, scrubby, barren desert at home. For the past two days Mother Nature has been showing me exactly why. It has rained more here in the last two days than it does in an entire year in North Los Angeles County. Holy cow! I have seen and experienced this before, but it still just amazes me the volume of water just falling from the sky... And even more amazing is that it is still warm all the time. At home rain = cold. Not so here. It is warm wet and humid. PERFECT baby sulcata weather!

Katherine, do you have an extra boat I could borrow for a couple of days?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
heheheh... after living most of my life on the South East U.S.A. I find that Dallas is the perfect balance between Heat and Humidity. Any more South or West it gets hotter and dryer.... anymore North or East it gets colder and wetter. My son, who live here now instead of Tennesse says its way to dry for him but he thinks Dallas is the beginning of Desert like dryness!

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Yeah, you're getting the same weather we're getting here in Alabama.

I had made the decision to keep my little guy inside just because of the lightning storms...and invariably both of my heat bulbs go out. >: (

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Zamric said:
heheheh... after living most of my life on the South East U.S.A. I find that Dallas is the perfect balance between Heat and Humidity. Any more South or West it gets hotter and dryer.... anymore North or East it gets colder and wetter. My son, who live here now instead of Tennesse says its way to dry for him but he thinks Dallas is the beginning of Desert like dryness!

It was very interesting watching the transition from the CA AZ and west TX desert slowly transition into greener, scrubber, more trees and then finally lush and jungle-like in east TX and Louisiana. I love it here. The heat and humidity is hell on my dogs, but it doesn't bother me. I was here in June 2009 with the record breaking heat wave and I found even that tolerable.

It's just amazing every where I look, I'm surrounded by super healthy looking tortoise food. 12" tall clover, dollar weeds, sow thistle and grass grass grass.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What are you doing there, Tom?

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
Tom what part of Louisiana are u in?I'm from Louisiana and this is just normal spring weather :D it completely flooded my yard last week and water was over my driveway. My brother had to move his car for fear it would get swept away lol

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
No matter where I live, I am ALWAY drawn back to the hills and trees of Tennesse and Kentucky! For me their only bad times are the Ice Storms that hit at least once a year. I don't mind snow, but Ice? Forget about it!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
DanaLachney said:
Tom what part of Louisiana are u in?I'm from Louisiana and this is just normal spring weather :D it completely flooded my yard last week and water was over my driveway. My brother had to move his car for fear it would get swept away lol

Staying in Metairie, but working all over the place. Originally they tried to put us in a downtown hotel, but that is a terrible place for dogs. Way too congested with people and traffic and nothing but concrete and asphalt everywhere.

emysemys said:
What are you doing there, Tom?

Working on a movie. My dogs get to kill a man and tear him all up. We transition from the actor to the stunt man to the dummy, getting more violent and gory along the way. Tarantino film so expect to see blood. Lots of blood...

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
ALRIGHT! Tarantino has another movie comming out! I can't wait and now I feel like I have a connection to the movie thru TFO!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
A tarantino film, Do the dogs have guns?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My "guess" is that its probably NOT something Tom is supposed to be talking about yet. I'm sure he'll let us know all the particulars when he allowed to.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
dmmj said:
A tarantino film, Do the dogs have guns?

No, but lots of big teeth!

emysemys said:
My "guess" is that its probably NOT something Tom is supposed to be talking about yet. I'm sure he'll let us know all the particulars when he allowed to.

Yvonne is correct, but it is already all over the Internet. A google search will surely tell you all you want to know. It is a VERY controversial subject, but if you look at our directors track record, you should be able to get the gist of it...

I'll be able to speak more freely after its released.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
"Django Unchained".... Google has a small write-up about it under "Taratino's new movie, 2012". the whole thing sound like a movie I will be going to see this Christmas!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Our lips are sealed

EKLC

5 Year Member
I'm partial to Miami weather. Can't argue with tropical savanna

Katherine

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Katherine, do you have an extra boat I could borrow for a couple of days?

You don't want a boat you want a Cajun pirogue : ) that was a LOT of rain even for us, but this humidity is definitely 24/7/365.

Status
Not open for further replies.