Spineless cactus

JoeyCamz

Location (City and/or State)
Suffolk, NY
does anyone on here sell opuntia spp. spineless nopal cactus or know of where I can pick some up?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
does anyone on here sell opuntia spp. spineless nopal cactus or know of where I can pick some up?

You want to pick some up to just cut up and feed, or pick some up to grow.?

• Most of our International or Mexican markets sell opuntia cactus pads for human consumption. We pick up a few pads every week or so for our Sully. See if there any markets in your area, you might be close!

JoeyCamz

Suffolk, NY
I was thinking both, I would like to plant a clipping so I have extra for the summer but also some to feed this week or so.... just acquired my Sulcata two days ago from a store that obviously didn’t have him in the correct habitat (2+ years old and living in a tortoise table, not terrible pyramiding but still they were trying to sell for $850 I ended up paying but not remotely near asking price)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
$850??? Sulcats that size are given away for free. Wishful thinking. Maybe delusional thinking...

JoeyCamz

Suffolk, NY
Glad I didn’t drop that much but also upset I paid anything to them should have came here first! Anyway back to the spineless cactus..... anyone from NY(NYC or Suffolk Long Island area)

samkerns1

5 Year Member
Southwest Georgia
I ordered a pad from etsy to propagate. This seller also offer a larger bunch for feeding out. Very affordable. The pad I received was twice the size of my hand.

TexasPricklyPears

'Old Mexico' Spineless Cactus Pad $7.99 with shipping.

Last edited:

cdr

Delaware
I ordered a pad from etsy to propagate. This seller also offer a larger bunch for feeding out. Very affordable. The pad I received was twice the size of my hand.

TexasPricklyPears

'Old Mexico' Spineless Cactus Pad $7.99 with shipping.
Hello all,
I recently received a nice package of spineless cactus from the Carolina Pet Supply Company. My Russian Tort, Oliver loves them.

I hope this was helpful.