[split] Introductions... pcklpss

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcklpss

5 Year Member
Hi everyone i'm lisa I live in north east Pa I have a 4 year old sulcata and 2 ivory leopard's I have had the sulcata since hatchling but just reciently got the leopards ,one is a girl and other is male and they are very different in size is this normal ? they are brother/sister and also the male keeps flipping himself over any thought to why he does this and how to stop it I would greatly appreciate it thanks Lisa

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Lisa, and welcome to the Forum!

Usually, all the babies in one clutch will be the same sex. So if your leopards are brother and sister, and different sizes, it might mean they are from two different clutches from the same mother, which means they are not the same age. Of course, if the breeder has the temperature of the incubator set midway between male and female, then you can have a male and a female from the same clutch of eggs, but usually that's not the case.

The fact that they are different sizes might also mean that the larger on intimidates the smaller one, keeping it from eating and making it feel stressed. They don't grow as well when they are stressed.

Beck

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lakeland/Central FL
Welcome to TFO!

Could one tort be flipping the other?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.