[split] New and I need lighting advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

cathe76

5 Year Member
hi, have just joined and doing my reserch before buying our first tort. any advice with regards to approprite lighting would be great, thanks :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi cathe76:

I've moved your question off of ChristianMCervantes' thread so as to not hi-jack their thread. This way, when you start your own thread to ask your own question, more people will realize its a new question and you will receive more help.

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know appx. where in the world you are?

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
A good heat lamp with a ceramic outlet to put the bulb in works. Make sure it can handle at least 150W, and get a bulb that is similar to that.

I use a Max Heat UV bulb 175W, for lighting.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D What species of tortoise are you likely going to take in? This will make a difference in deciding what type of lighting and heating you will want to go with....when you get your tort, we LOVE PICS :p

cathe76

5 Year Member
hi, i am from wases (u.k) and it's a horsefield tort. i am also researching the best form of sustrate to use. any suggestions? what are your thoughts on coconut fibre? any advice would be greatfully received :)

cathe76

5 Year Member
cathe76 said:
hi, i am from wases (u.k) and it's a horsefield tort. i am also researching the best form of sustrate to use. any suggestions? what are your thoughts on coconut fibre? any advice would be greatfully received :)

* wales !!

Status
Not open for further replies.