Spring feasts!

Randy Micheals

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
British columbia
Hènri sure is thrilled to have spring fare again. Just finished buying some organic annuals for his edible garden, hopefully will have that finished soon and can share some pics.

Today's salad consisted of dandelion leaves and flowers, some hawksbit leaves, broadleaf plantains, clover, and some lilac flowers for garnish. Everything is so tender and lush here this time of year.

What kind of spring salads are people whipping up for their torts? Curious what's popping off in different parts of the world.

Attachments

• 20200520_143550.jpg
    20200520_143550.jpg
    903.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200520_143657.jpg
    20200520_143657.jpg
    803 KB · Views: 8

Randy Micheals

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
British columbia
Does your tort chow the grass on it's own? I sneak little pieces of quack grass in there for some extra fibre but he tends to high grade them out haha....I just hope he eats some as collateral damage. Good stuff.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I've got tons of dandelions and hibiscus leaves I've been feeding. No hibiscus flowers here yet though.

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
I've got tons of dandelions and hibiscus leaves I've been feeding. No hibiscus flowers here yet though.
Our hibiscus have flowers year round ha ? but I can't talk.. my tortoises hate the leaves..

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
They usually start blooming here around June and I get more than enough flowers to dry out and have all year usually.