Spur thigh tortoise not eating after hibernation

Appolo

Location (City and/or State)
Clacton-on-Sea
Hello I have a 40+ year old spur thigh tortoise he lives outside he woke up from hibernation 2wks ago. As its unseasonably cold hear in Essex ive brought him indoors I have him in my utility room (I own 2 mastiffs and a pug this is the most safe and peaceful part of the house) I've given him a few soaks in warm water with added repto boast but he still isn't eating he has a uv and heat lamp but he hates it when they are on he will dig down or fight to get away from the bright light I have added a small radiator so the room temp is fine I rescued him from a old couple who kept him in the garden all year round with no lights at all just a green house he was brought up on mostly weeds I've owned him for 4years he self hibernates he digs himself down and a dig him up a put him in a box in a outhouse he has urinated his moving around we had a sunny couple of days so I put him in the garden for a stomp around but his still refusing food his usually eaten by now ive offerd him all of his favourite foods how long is to long without eating? Is there anything I can do to encourage him ? Sorry for the essay just wanted to give as much information as possible thank you

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello I have a 40+ year old spur thigh tortoise he lives outside he woke up from hibernation 2wks ago. As its unseasonably cold hear in Essex ive brought him indoors I have him in my utility room (I own 2 mastiffs and a pug this is the most safe and peaceful part of the house) I've given him a few soaks in warm water with added repto boast but he still isn't eating he has a uv and heat lamp but he hates it when they are on he will dig down or fight to get away from the bright light I have added a small radiator so the room temp is fine I rescued him from a old couple who kept him in the garden all year round with no lights at all just a green house he was brought up on mostly weeds I've owned him for 4years he self hibernates he digs himself down and a dig him up a put him in a box in a outhouse he has urinated his moving around we had a sunny couple of days so I put him in the garden for a stomp around but his still refusing food his usually eaten by now ive offerd him all of his favourite foods how long is to long without eating? Is there anything I can do to encourage him ? Sorry for the essay just wanted to give as much information as possible thank you
What are the temperatures? Warm side, cool side, basking area, overnight low?
What type of UV bulb?
What type of basking bulb?

When they don't eat, it is usually because they are too cold. Down on the floor is usually too cold.