Squeeking red foot

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So Artemis has been squeeking when she breathes the since yesterday. I know she was doing it after I fed her in the morning. But she just kept doing it, and was still squeeking on and off this morning!
Please help! a soft barely audible "squeak" with each breath. I haven't seen any nasal discharge or bubbles... I'm getting some carrot baby food at the store in a bit.
Is this a respiratory infection?

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
She's squeaking or sneezing? Your thread says squeezing.
Give us more info about temps, humidity, everything about the enclosure and care
In the mean time raise the temp up to 85 day and night. Usually when there is just a little squeaking or sneezing and no other signs, raised temps will take care of it. Leave the temps up until you don't hear it anymore. If any other signs appear then I would seek out a good reptile vet with tortoise experience.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Artemis has been eating like a monster, and has been pooping normally in her daily 30 minute soaks.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I'm not home right now, I'm at my moms house.
She is not sneezing at all! Just making very soft whistling squeeks....

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I just redid her enclosure yesterday, so I won't be able to measure what it was averaging at. My night temps are usually 80℉ because I keep a heater in my tortoise room. Her warm side was 88℉ when I checked at lunchtime.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
90 to 100 percent humidity usually because I'm always misting her sphagnum moss.
Half moss (warmer , humid side), half cypress mulch (dryer, cooler side ) Open topped tortoise table, partially covered with plexiglass to keep the humid side humid.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
90 to 100 percent humidity usually because I'm always misting her sphagnum moss.
Half moss (warmer , humid side), half cypress mulch (dryer, cooler side ) Open topped tortoise table, partially covered with plexiglass to keep the humid side humid.

If the tort is eating, drinking and proceeding business as usual....I would not worry...I have a Redfoot that clicks in the night, like starts around midnight. I also have one that coo's...very soothing actually....and from time to time I can hear the whistling of them breathing when they are active during the twilight hours....each is healthy, each has appetite and all behave normal....so I would not worry.