Squirt Pictures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, U.K
Some pictures of Squirt. I got her out to give her a soak and see if she'd eat anything so my OH took some pictures for me.

I said in my other thread that I was worried about some bits of her shell. I also mentioned some might be dirt and might wash off when i soaked her. Well they did.
Although there's one tiny bump I'm a bit worried about. It's on the front of the shell. I don't know if you can see it clearly but any ideas on what it is? and should I be worried?

After I soaked her I put her back in her temporary living enclosure with a small lid with some food on it which consisted of a little bit of lettuce, carrot, cucumber and water cress. Not the ideal diet, I know, but I heard that they were favorites of leopards so thought I'd give her a little bit just to see if I could get her to eat something.
At first I watched her for a bit and I could see her nose twitching, she was dying to come out and see what was on offer.
So I walked away and left her. 10 minutes later I snuck back in only to find her wandering about and then watched her nibble at a bit of lettuce! :D I was so happy to see her at least nibble at it! She's clearly investigated what else was on offer too as it's all been moved about.

I can now hear her burying herself in her hide. She's very shy but I love her already and hope she realizes eventually that i'm not scary and that she's perfectly safe.

You can see the lump in these two pictures. Right on the front of the shell.
DSC_0739.jpg

DSC_0744.jpg

DSC_0741.jpg

DSC_0743.jpg

DSC_0740.jpg

What do you think of her then?
I'll get some more pictures when she's a bit more confident and settled, and also a picture for you to try and see whether she is a she or a he :)

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
tyler0912 said:
What a beuaty a nice shell considering shes' from a petshop! :D

Yea.
Not Ideal to buy from a pet shop, certainly won't be in the future, was originally planning on just looking to see what sort I wanted so i could find a breeder...
Deadly words them... "I'm only looking" LOL. :p

M

Maggie Cummings

I'd be thinking about a different substrate, one that you can keep damp and help create some humidity...She's certainly pretty and very smooth and you would like to keep her smooth and humidity helps with that. I don't keep Leopard's but I am pretty sure that you can keep them similar to the way you'd keep a Sulcata and it's humidity that helps prevent pyramiding...

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
maggie3fan said:
I'd be thinking about a different substrate, one that you can keep damp and help create some humidity...She's certainly pretty and very smooth and you would like to keep her smooth and humidity helps with that. I don't keep Leopard's but I am pretty sure that you can keep them similar to the way you'd keep a Sulcata and it's humidity that helps prevent pyramiding...

Yea the substrates temporary.
She's actually be on peat in her table. :) This is only temporary as she wasn't meant to be here till Sunday (my dads building her table and can't get it finished till then) but due to a few problems I had to pick her up today.
So I just got her cheap substrate till then. I'm managing to keep the humidity up at the moment with a spray bottle :)

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
She looks cute. Glad to hear that she had a little nibble of food.

Status
Not open for further replies.