Staple diet

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Mulberry is a really good one to add often. Its part of my everyday mix. Grape leaves, plantain (the weed) dandilion, chicory all good too. I would not give carrot too often, too much sugar.

rocillo.a

Tagaytay City, Cavite, Philippines

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
thank yo sir,

i am having problm with my sulcata, it seems that he lost his appetite but still eating. now, it seems that he is not growing. i have him for a month...
View attachment 87135
Did you follow the care sheets and guide lines? Go check them out in the sulcata section (first enter species specific then African tort section and then sulcata section)...

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
If the tort's appetite is less but he's still eating i think it all right... Just watch him well and hope for the best! Tortoises grow at different rates, if he's not growing now he might grow later :) I don't own a sulcata so maybe an experienced owner can drop in... Good luck!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Mine goes through growth spurts. Some months she gains a lot and some a little. Do you know the weight of your tort and age?

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
One month is too soon to be worried about growth. Loss of appetite is usually a sign that the night time temps are too cool. Or, they are having trouble self-regulating their temperature. I suggest rechecking all your temps, day time and night, the accuracy of your thermometers, and be sure they are all correct. Following Tom's guidelines is a great way to raise a sulcata. Another reason that they lose appetite is they feel insecure. Be sure your tortoise has a secluded, dark hiding spot. A place to get away from everything. Also, at night, they like it completely dark. Or, as suggested, it might just be a slow growth period. Welcome to the world of keeping tortoises.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California