Star tortoise diet

Mitesh mokariya

Location (City and/or State)
Mumbai
Is it ok for Indian star tortoise diet??
Cucumber+tomato+bottleguord+okra+coriander leaves+2 to 3 drops of vitamin d3 syrup1517487710098.jpg

Gattu N'Coco

india
But mine tortoise don't eat coriander leaves n bhindi is there favorite food
I know same with mine. Just think of it as their junk food. They love eating that but they aren't supposed to. In the long run she's gonna face problems. Trust me im going through it. I didn't think of starving him and teaching him and instead gave him what he liked and now he's the one in pain. Your tort will eat good stuff someday you have to train her. Keep her hungry for a while she will eat it be it days or a week. And they can survive without food for long. You are doing a great deal to her believe me.

Mitesh mokariya

Mumbai
I know same with mine. Just think of it as their junk food. They love eating that but they aren't supposed to. In the long run she's gonna face problems. Trust me im going through it. I didn't think of starving him and teaching him and instead gave him what he liked and now he's the one in pain. Your tort will eat good stuff someday you have to train her. Keep her hungry for a while she will eat it be it days or a week. And they can survive without food for long. You are doing a great deal to her believe me.
Thanks
But what diet I should give them
As lettuce is no available easily

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
Tomatoes are not good for it?
Mine is eating tomatoes cucumber zuchini ?
Mine was eating for 2 days ?
What should i do?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tomatoes are not good for it?
Mine is eating tomatoes cucumber zuchini ?
Mine was eating for 2 days ?
What should i do?
None of those are good tortoise foods. The tortoise needs leafy greens, broadleaf weeds and fresh young grasses. Learn to identify the weeds near you and figure out which ones are safe to feed and from a safe, uncontaminated area.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He is not eating the weeds or any young grass
I am trying but he just doesn't touch it..
:(

It is my understanding from a previous thread that you don't have the correct enclosure, lighting ad temperatures for your tortoise yet. Is that right? No tortoise is going to eat properly when its not in the correct enclosure with the correct temperatures and conditions. You'v got to solve that problem before you can solve this problem.

You can try smashing up a small amount of cucumber and coating the other foods with it.

Also, are you using the right type of weeds? What weds are you offering? And are you using the tender young growing part of the weed? Same question for grass. Small babies will have a tough time eating mature grass and large tough weeds.

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
Sorry
I will give him enclosure by tomorrow
So i inow i sucks but plz give me some advice..
I need it
I search as per articles of indian star and i give him the exact one but i cant remember the name.
And i will gather all available weeds ..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sorry
I will give him enclosure by tomorrow
So i inow i sucks but plz give me some advice..
I need it
I search as per articles of indian star and i give him the exact one but i cant remember the name.
And i will gather all available weeds ..

The advice is to get him set up in a proper enclosure with the correct temperature right now. Today. Immediately. Survival becomes less likely as more time goes by. He needs to be warm ASAP. There are many ways to accomplish this.

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
The advice is to get him set up in a proper enclosure with the correct temperature right now. Today. Immediately. Survival becomes less likely as more time goes by. He needs to be warm ASAP. There are many ways to accomplish this.
What are the other ways?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What are the other ways?
Sun, heat pads, space heaters, house heaters, regular light bulbs, warm water bottles…

Just think of any source of warmth. Use a thermometer and great caution with any method you choose. You can use any tub or box you have handy, put some dirt from outside in it and hand a light bulb over it. Use a thermometer to make sure it is warm enough, but not too warm. Adjust the height or wattage of the bulb to get the correct basking temp under it.

All of this is explained in this thread:
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
Sun, heat pads, space heaters, house heaters, regular light bulbs, warm water bottles…

Just think of any source of warmth. Use a thermometer and great caution with any method you choose. You can use any tub or box you have handy, put some dirt from outside in it and hand a light bulb over it. Use a thermometer to make sure it is warm enough, but not too warm. Adjust the height or wattage of the bulb to get the correct basking temp under it.

All of this is explained in this thread:
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/
Can i DM you?