Star tortoise help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhura

5 Year Member
There are good vets in India too, though it is illegal dey don't mind treating them as well atleast where I stay :)

River14

5 Year Member
Oh lets hope he gets it into the sun and to a vet, It can obviously still walk as when he put it in the water it sprang up and tried to get out? Might be very painful to walk, it migh be its first bath in 5years too.

sharlster

5 Year Member
Hi All,

I've been following this thread and find it interesting to read how Amelon's Indian star has been living.

I have a 4 year old male indian star Bono.

He is very healthy has not problems being active / eats well and responds well to us calling him too.

He lives indoor his whole life with no "temperature"control so to speak - but we are in Malaysia. Generally temperature here is between 24 degrees (night) and 31 degrees at peak.

His diet is mostly French beans (his fav) and Choy Sum. I mostly let him soak in warm water every morning to encourage bowel movement in an area within the house that has natural sunlight and twice a week out in direct sun.

He gets to roam around the home everyday during the day and he is quite receptive when called for, he'll appear.

My concern is that because he doesn't quite eat anything else except those 2 types of vegetables and he refuses his food when I try to add in calcium supplements.

Any other calcium options that is known of?

I do not want Bono to end up being 12 and be sick overtime.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Sharlster:

Welcome to the forum!!

It would be better for you to start a new thread and pose your questions there.

This thread is about Amelon's tortoise, and your question might be seen by more members if you start a new thread.

sharlster

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Sharlster:

Welcome to the forum!!

It would be better for you to start a new thread and pose your questions there.

This thread is about Amelon's tortoise, and your question might be seen by more members if you start a new thread.

Thanks Yvonne.

radhika

5 Year Member
Hi Amelon,

How is your star now, I agree will all of them what you were feeding him was not that good diet for him and sunlight is very very important if u want to see your tortoise fine again.

If I am not wrong the you are an Indian. If so also don't worry and do visit to a vet if possible. I can say that because I do visit to vet ones in 6 months even though there is no problem with my star.

I will be great if you can post some picks.

radhika

5 Year Member
HI,
I would also like to suggest you to give shellcal in the calcium supplement. it is only calcium and vit.D3. You can get it on any of the medical shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.