Shanona0921

Location (City and/or State)
Knoxville
Awwww. That's awesome. Did they say what caused it. You probably said ,and I just missed it. Definitely little fighter.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Congrats! Looks so much better

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! Well, this was one for the books. I wonder why this happened. I see a whole bunch of peeling skin on the upper arms and neck. And it's hard to see, but I think the beak is overgrown??? We've had a couple of cases here on the Forum where leopard tortoises got their heads stuck inside the shell due to over grown beaks. What do your vets think caused this problem?

Indore
Awwww. That's awesome. Did they say what caused it. You probably said ,and I just missed it. Definitely little fighter.
Nothing.
Wow! Well, this was one for the books. I wonder why this happened. I see a whole bunch of peeling skin on the upper arms and neck. And it's hard to see, but I think the beak is overgrown??? We've had a couple of cases here on the Forum where leopard tortoises got their heads stuck inside the shell due to over grown beaks. What do your vets think caused this problem?
Actually he might have come with unexpected accident (slip out something like that)
So it's neck got swallowed due to accident.
So by hot water/carrot juice/medicines there was certain decrease in swalloness.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Finally he's out guys.

There is little swelling on his neck
The skin on its neck behind it's head appears to be sloughing off? Are you using any supplements?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
That's great news!!!:)
Make sure he has plenty of good food available now (as recommended on the care sheet) and I would break it in to small pieces to make it easier for him.

MaNaAk

Southend
That's great news!!!:)
Make sure he has plenty of good food available now (as recommended on the care sheet) and I would break it in to small pieces to make it easier for him.
And plenty of water.

MaNaAk

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
This is the caresheet you need