Sterretje and Indu...

N

no one

Sterretje I just love him still.

IMG-20180410-WA0014-2.jpg

I still feel him with me as I look at his pictures. The hurt doesn't stop but I can look at his pictures again. Look at his sweet face!!

And this is Indu. Different face right...

IMG-20180422-WA0011.jpg

Indu feels stronger then Sterretje did. That is way I picked him. But now I start to worry again, cause I can't get him over 35gr. It has been 35gr since 22 april. I never got Sterretje over 27gr. Sterretje had hatchling feallure syndrome for those of you who don't now. Did I picked the wrong one again? I feel so much love for my Tortoises. I feel more compleet as a human being taking care of my Tortoises. I don't feel comfortable getting personal and putting myself out there if you know what I mean. But I am scared for my Indu...

I know I can't get a well started Star Tortoise here where I live like the ones Tom for example has. And I really love Star Tortoises!! I don't know if, when I do loose Indu, I will get another. And that scares me too... Not having my Star Tortoises when I am old. I allready lost Sterretje who I thought would be with me till the end.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Sterretje I just love him still.

View attachment 237989

I still feel him with me as I look at his pictures. The hurt doesn't stop but I can look at his pictures again. Look at his sweet face!!

And this is Indu. Different face right...

View attachment 237990

Indu feels stronger then Sterretje did. That is way I picked him. But now I start to worry again, cause I can't get him over 35gr. It has been 35gr since 22 april. I never got Sterretje over 27gr. Sterretje had hatchling feallure syndrome for those of you who don't now. Did I picked the wrong one again? I feel so much love for my Tortoises. I feel more compleet as a human being taking care of my Tortoises. I don't feel comfortable getting personal and putting myself out there if you know what I mean. But I am scared for my Indu...

I know I can't get a well started Star Tortoise here where I live like the ones Tom for example has. And I really love Star Tortoises!! I don't know if, when I do loose Indu, I will get another. And that scares me too... Not having my Star Tortoises when I am old. I allready lost Sterretje who I thought would be with me till the end.

Perhaps not worry so much. Get you set up right and let the tort be a tort....

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

Have you spoken with the breeder about this? They have to be made to understand that what they are doing in the hatchling's first few days and weeks is killing them weeks of months later.

Maybe you could find a different breeder who will work with you and soak the baby daily, or let you have it right after it hatches?

…I wish I could help.