Stores, Online or Breeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueturtle

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I currently have a Golden Greek who I've started calling Appleonia.
942827_10151736944796015_2049467083_n.jpg

I want to eventually get another of the same kind of tort. So I first want to know if in fact she really is a Golden and not a different tort.

Also, where do you guys usually get your torts from. I noticed a lot of posts with torts bought online. That scares me. What are some of the safe sites out there?

Are there any known breeders out there?

I'd like to get a male next but would also like a hatchling but im sure that combo is probably impossible.

I appreciate any imput.:tort:

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
when getting another tort, you want to keep them separated for a minimum of 3 months. Some say even up to 6! another thing, tortoise usually likes to be alone. if you plan to have them together, try to have females. Males tend to bully other torts and stresses them out. When it comes to hatchlings, you cant really tell whether its a male or female until they are older.

blueturtle

10 Year Member!
SoCal
That i know about torts. I wasn't planning to house them together if at all. I just know that some species shouldn't be near others cuz of the different "cooties". Plus it makes it easier if all requirements are the same. Not to mention my slight ocd about uniform-ness and things in pairs.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TortForum mobile app

blueturtle

10 Year Member!
SoCal
Have you tried them for live torts before? My only experience with them was for a cornsnake i purchased in person at the reptile super show expo in San Diego many many years ago.

abclements

5 Year Member
Tortoisesupply.com is good. Tyler is a member on this forum and does a great job with his animals! I've never bought a tort from him but all the rave reviews he gets (from established members on here) makes me trust him!

blueturtle

10 Year Member!
SoCal
Awesome, thanks for the input!

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
blueturtle said:
That i know about torts. I wasn't planning to house them together if at all. I just know that some species shouldn't be near others cuz of the different "cooties". Plus it makes it easier if all requirements are the same. Not to mention my slight ocd about uniform-ness and things in pairs.
Lol cooties! Lucky i got my shot!

kristin_roman

5 Year Member
North Carolina
I got both of my tortoises (a hermanns and a Greek) from tortoisesupply.com they are awesome! Whenever I email asking questions I've always received an email that same day! Usually within the hour! Both of my torts came healthy and happy and on time! They even left a note in the packaging to send pictures torts grow! I'd recommend them to anyone seriously wanting to buy a tortoise!

Status
Not open for further replies.