Strange Spiralling on Plastron

Blayne

So I noticed these strange patterns on my cherry head's plastron. No clue what it is and cannot find any info on it anywhere. Anybody have any ideas?

Also- I noticed ONE scute on the dome with the same or similar thing

Attachments

• PLASTRON SHOT - CIRCLED.jpg
    PLASTRON SHOT - CIRCLED.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4579.JPG
    IMG_4579.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4577.JPG
    IMG_4577.JPG
    851.2 KB · Views: 45

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
The white lines is new growth . That means this guy is growing .

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Your tortoise has a case of the squiggles, honestly no one knows why they get those marks. some do, some don't and they usually fade. Nothing to be alarmed about!

Blayne

Your tortoise has a case of the squiggles, honestly no one knows why they get those marks. some do, some don't and they usually fade. Nothing to be alarmed about!

I figured that might be the case. I did notice them many months ago but thought nothing of it. Curiosity just had me wondering.

Colorado
The swirl lines might be mold maybe try brushing them with a soft brush or toothbrush to see if they come off. :):<3:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The swirl lines might be mold maybe try brushing them with a soft brush or toothbrush to see if they come off. :):<3:
It's not mold.
Being such a new member that we know nothing about, or whether you have any tortoise experience or knowledge, be sure to do an intro thread. Read older threads and learn from the many things we have seen on here many many times to know its not mold.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Squiggles are contagious so don't tell it any jokes..... or maybe it's the giggles that are contagious. Tell it a joke and see if it laughs. If it ignores you we're good.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Do a search for "squiggly lines".

Hours of reading...

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Squiggles are contagious so don't tell it any jokes..... or maybe it's the giggles that are contagious. Tell it a joke and see if it laughs. If it ignores you we're good.

That's a total (tort)dad joke right there.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I have a group of 11 that all have/had squiggles. At 9 to 11 months old they have all outgrown the squiggles except one, and it's one thats hardly growing. At first I thought it was because I was keeping them too wet, but the fact 10 have grown out of them and the one that's not growing as fast still has them tells me it's something to do with the growing process and not being too wet.
It's nothing to worry about from what I'm experiencing.