Strange Tortoise Behavior?

MacyTheRussians

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
My Russian tortoise, who I think is a male, has been acting strange the last few days. He has been clawing at the glass and walls and trying to climb them. He has been with me for over six months and has never acted this way before so I don’t think it’s anything wrong with the size of his tank. I would really appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions on what to do and what might be wrong with him.

I have separated him from my other Russian tortoise, who I think is female, so I can see if he is eating, drinking, and using the bathroom normally. And as I watched him, he doesn’t seem to be bothering her in any way.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First if it's an adult he needs at the minimum a 4x8 foot enclosure bigger if you can give him one. Also should be outside when warm.
Second, do not put him in with another tortoise, they should never live as a pair
Sounds like you have a lot of reading on here to do for proper care and housing.
Please read the Mediterranean species section for Russians and make needed changes ASAP!

MacyTheRussians

Michigan
First if it's an adult he needs at the minimum a 4x8 foot enclosure bigger if you can give him one. Also should be outside when warm.
Second, do not put him in with another tortoise, they should never live as a pair
Sounds like you have a lot of reading on here to do for proper care and housing.
Please read the Mediterranean species section for Russians and make needed changes ASAP!
Alright I’ll read into it, thank you very much for your input.