Unusual Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorisTort

5 Year Member
My russian Boris has been acting very strange lately- in the morning he is usually climbing on top of his rocks and scratching the side of his box. It's been really bad lately. He seems really frantic and skittish.

Then, other times, he sleeps for hours and hours during the day.

I'm just so used to him being up and active during the day. It's just been very weird lately and I'm getting concerned.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
My female Russian does about the same things your describing here. So I wouldn't be overly concerned at all.

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mansfield, Ma
1 of my tortoises do the same thing. Franklin my Cherry Head will sleep all day come out once in a great blue moon to eat and drink then go right back into his hide. On the other hand Lily my other Cherry Head will walk around climbing walking eat drink go back to her own hide. So torts do this I wouldn't get to worried. NOW if he/she wasn't eating or drinking or coming out at all like for days then I would be worried but sounds like a normal behavior.
Is your tortoise a hatchling, yearling OR an adult?

BorisTort

5 Year Member
ILoveTortoises2 said:
1 of my tortoises do the same thing. Franklin my Cherry Head will sleep all day come out once in a great blue moon to eat and drink then go right back into his hide. On the other hand Lily my other Cherry Head will walk around climbing walking eat drink go back to her own hide. So torts do this I wouldn't get to worried. NOW if he/she wasn't eating or drinking or coming out at all like for days then I would be worried but sounds like a normal behavior.
Is your tortoise a hatchling, yearling OR an adult?

I have no clue how old he is. I would assume he's an adult since he was bought from a pet store and he's not very tiny.
And he eats just fine! He LOVES his meal time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.