stress my tort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
Franklin will dig in his substrate until he reaches the bottom then digs in nothing! I fill in the hole once he reaches bottom now but I wonder...does that stress him out, seeing that all his hard work was destroyed?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I doubt it

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I could not answer what your tortoise thinks :D I do know that if I go behind my CDTs in their outdoor yard and fill in burrows or pallets they absolutely will stomp right back over to the spot and re dig what they did and I destroyed... ? So, I do not do that any more unless where they are digging is a direct hazard to them in their confined yards....I also do burrow checks from time to time... :D Just sharing.

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
OK I figured he wouldn't mind, I just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
This reminds me of my bunnies. They have a run in the yard that they can dig in to their hearts content. They dig these long tunnels parallel to the fence that eventually will lead out of the run, so I have to come in and collapse them. I feel like Godzilla stamping all the dirt into the tunnels while they sit there are stare at me with sad looks on their face, wondering why I"m ruining all their hard work.

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
kimber_lee_314 said:
This reminds me of my bunnies. They have a run in the yard that they can dig in to their hearts content. They dig these long tunnels parallel to the fence that eventually will lead out of the run, so I have to come in and collapse them. I feel like Godzilla stamping all the dirt into the tunnels while they sit there are stare at me with sad looks on their face, wondering why I"m ruining all their hard work.

Lol. I do it when I take him out to soak, and when he gets back in he goes to his digging spot, sits there for a while (probably wondering what the heck happened), then is right back at it. Silly sully!

Status
Not open for further replies.