Stunted growth Sulcata

Msnodgrass

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Hello everyone! I have just recently inherited my cousins 3 year old female sulcata and unfortunately he stunted her growth. She is three year old and smaller than my golden Greek tortoise. They kept her in a very small tub like enclosure, the same enclosure he brought her home in when she was a tiny baby. I haven’t ran into this with a tortoise yet so I’m taking all the advice and direction I can get! Also will she grow or is this permanent?

Attachments

• IMG_6679.jpeg
    IMG_6679.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 8

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
@Tom should be able to help you. Welcome to the forum.

AmandaF

Congresbury
Welcome to The Forum

Everyone here are really helpful.
Ernie 🐢 & Amanda

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How sad he couldn't use the internet to learn something about the poor thing.
I rescued a leopard a few years back that was also kept in a tiny enclosure.
With proper everything, he caught up to my other leopard of same age in no time.
So just do all the right things and give him a big proper enclodure

Reactions: Ink

Msnodgrass

Oklahoma
How sad he couldn't use the internet to learn something about the poor thing.
I rescued a leopard a few years back that was also kept in a tiny enclosure.
With proper everything, he caught up to my other leopard of same age in no time.
So just do all the right things and give him a big proper enclodure
He did everything right but that. He’s just a kid. When his mother let him get her I told them he didn’t need her because he isn’t an experienced or knowledgeable keeper. They said they did tons of research but like I told him if her did he would have know she required lots of room. I have been a reptile keeper for 11 years now and tried to keep them on the right path but some people don’t listen!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello everyone! I have just recently inherited my cousins 3 year old female sulcata and unfortunately he stunted her growth. She is three year old and smaller than my golden Greek tortoise. They kept her in a very small tub like enclosure, the same enclosure he brought her home in when she was a tiny baby. I haven’t ran into this with a tortoise yet so I’m taking all the advice and direction I can get! Also will she grow or is this permanent?
This should answer most of the questions you already have, and a whole bunch you didn't even know you had yet:

Msnodgrass

Oklahoma
This should answer most of the questions you already have, and a whole bunch you didn't even know you had yet:
Awesome!!’ I greatly appreciate it!