Suggestion for my first enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

AesopTortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ky
This is my first tortoise but not my first reptile. I did a good amount of research before I got Aesop, Ace for short, but I'm open to suggestions and as a beginner any tips would be greatly appreciated. I built a frame that fits a removable 4x4 ply wood bottom that is lined with 3 layers of thick plastic lining and a 2x4 sealed shelf set atop cinder blocks. I put a window flower box in the left corner where I planted some succulents and a fern. The ramp is built with expanded clay balls that I also used under the sod on the shelf. I covered the clay balls with organic garden soiled and spread orchard grass seed that grew in nicely. The water dish is a deep paint tray lined and filled with rocks that I boiled then baked to sanitize. The other dish I use for warm soaks and to give him pumpkin purée with a calcium/vit. D supplement. The glass vessels on the right are little terrariums I made for aesthetic purposes only. The top is lined with a heat lamp, UVB bulb and a standard under counter grow light. The bottom is lined with grass hay mix that Aesop loves to burrow in. And finally I potted some organic strawberries and an aloe plant (strawberries still germinating and aloe not in pic.). Any advice is welcome.

Attachments

• image-898805760.png
    image-898805760.png
    908 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.