Suggestions for turtle/fish tank filter?

Nellie Rose

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Hi all.
My old hydor canister filter has been slowing down, and I'm looking for a replacement. Hoping to find one to process 600 gph for my 65 gallon aquarium for my painted turtle.
He lives with a small group of fish, corydoras, kuhli loaches, and danios.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Anyone ever used a vevor filter? Are they any good?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CX1CNSJT/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I had an aquarium addiction.
It was serious!
Look into SUN SUN or AQUATOP. Same company. Same filters. Both made in China.
They are a MARINELAND type "knock-off" with a very decent build quality and self priming feature.
At one time I owned almost a dozen of them. For the money, they're pretty fantastic.
The one you posted might have issues with those in/out fittings. They look weak. And the clamps that hold it together. Not confidence inspiring to me...

Nellie Rose

Maryland
It was serious!
They are a MARINELAND type "knock-off" with a very decent build quality and self priming feature.
At one time I owned almost a dozen of them. For the money, they're pretty fantastic.
The one you posted might have issues with those in/out fittings. They look weak. And the clamps that hold it together. Not confidence inspiring to me...
Thank you! I'll look into it. Currently using a hydor that has worked really well, but is pretty old, a little over 10 years, so I want to get another as backup. It shut off last night and I lost some fish. It's working again now but I figure I'll get a backup now just in case.

Nellie Rose

Maryland
It was serious!
I ordered a 575 gph one from Aquatop, comes next week. It had good reviews and wasn't too expensive so I figured I'd try it.
I was wondering, do you have any suggestions for fish to keep with the turtle? I'm picking up some later today and was curious. Currently keeping corydoras, danios, and kuhli loaches.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I ordered a 575 gph one from Aquatop, comes next week. It had good reviews and wasn't too expensive so I figured I'd try it.
I was wondering, do you have any suggestions for fish to keep with the turtle? I'm picking up some later today and was curious. Currently keeping corydoras, danios, and kuhli loaches.
They're likely to become turtle food. So buy inexpensive ones and don't get too attached to them.