Suggestions?

Sig

Location (City and/or State)
Ellenton fl
Hi! First time posting and new member. I have 2 huge outdoor pens. One has a adult redfoot, the other has 2 yelliwfoots and one marginated juveniles. I have a tortoise box with year and half sulcata, and another tortoise box housing a Giant South African Leopard under a year. Any suggestions

20170917_191131.jpg 20170917_191233.jpg 20170917_190315_001.jpg 20170721_182253.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Do not mix species and the gray water dish is a drowning hazard, switch it out for a clay saucer. The sulcatas and leopards should be housed in closed chamber but not together. High humidity and temps no lower then 80.
I didn't see the yellow foot or the Marginated but if they are as small as the leopards and sully, they too would benefit from a closed chamber.

Reactions: Sig

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi! First time posting and new member. I have 2 huge outdoor pens. One has a adult redfoot, the other has 2 yelliwfoots and one marginated juveniles. I have a tortoise box with year and half sulcata, and another tortoise box housing a Giant South African Leopard under a year. Any suggestions

Hi Sig. Here are my suggestions:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/

Reactions: Sig

Sig

Ellenton fl

Sig

Ellenton fl
Hello and Welcome. Do not mix species and the gray water dish is a drowning hazard, switch it out for a clay saucer. The sulcatas and leopards should be housed in closed chamber but not together. High humidity and temps no lower then 80.
I didn't see the yellow foot or the Marginated but if they are as small as the leopards and sully, they too would benefit from a closed chamber.
Ill switch out the dish.where can i buy a closed chamber? My marginated and 2 yellow foot are pretty good size and live outside in a huge enclosure.i live in flirida so humidity and temps great here!

Sig

Ellenton fl
Ill switch out the dish.where can i buy a closed chamber? My marginated and 2 yellow foot are pretty good size and live outside in a huge enclosure.i live in flirida so humidity and temps great here!
Also my leooard and sulcata are in two seperate housing

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The larger ones are fine then. The smaller ones need the closed chamber. You will need to make it. You can use what ever you have and put tops on them, add warm water to the substrate and keep temps no lower then 80 day and night with a basking spot of 95-100. You want humidity at least 80%

Sig

Ellenton fl
Thanks so much! Is there anyway to turn the zoomed tortoise box I have into a closed chamber?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks so much! Is there anyway to turn the zoomed tortoise box I have into a closed chamber?
You can cover the top with something like a sheet of plexi cut to size, but there are other issues. Those boxes are too small for anything but a hatchling, and the wood will quickly rot and leak if things are kept appropriately damp.

Sig

Ellenton fl
I just bought this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170921-104334.png
    Screenshot_20170921-104334.png
    348.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20170921-104323.png
    Screenshot_20170921-104323.png
    496.1 KB · Views: 6