Sulcata breathing

alex_ornelas

Location (City and/or State)
newark ca
Hey guys Oliver's been either whistling noise when he breath sometimes or it sounds like a heaven hmp hmph hmmmph noise if tht makes sense best I can describe. He's not bubbling from the nose. His humidity is 76% he gets baths 1-2 times a week he eats spring mix dandelions kale wheat grass radicchio grass from my background which is un treated Brussels sprouts and mazuri. His temps are 84degrees and his basking spot is 102. Is it normal for them to breath heavily like this. I will keep an eye out for any more signs

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
He may have something stuck in there, have you looked?

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Sometimes they get an object in one of their nares and it does make a whistling sound. My sulcata makes a bunch of different sounds. Not continually, but he will exhale and make a noise, or two, or three.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Is he whistling dixie?
Often times a whistle can just be something stuck. Try looking, and see if you can see anything. For now I would just monitor.

Wilda

I am concerned about my Lucy sulcata as well. The nistrils are so tiny. How can we possibly look in there? Was considering taking to vet. Caught breathing really heavy this morning where i could even see her chest (best way i know to call the space under her neck) moving up and down quite a bit as she breathed. The noise wasn't a whistle but yes, it sounded as tho her nostils were plugged. She did have lots of sand on her shell this morning. She came to me this morn but after i left her habitat, she went back in her barn n is in her shell. What should i do?