Sulcata care and health questions

Chevy Brinkley

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum, and I just want to get another opinion about my tortoise's setup. Okay, so my sulcata is 5 months old and he has a 40 gallon breeder. He has a humidity box and water bowl and food bowl on one side, and a basking light and drier hide on the other side. I know sand isn't a great substrate, but he has one corner of sand because he likes to dig. I take him outside so he can get real sunlight and eat grass (I don't use any chemicals) and I soak him twice a week. In his tank he has kale, prickly pear, or dandelion greens as well as mazuri pellets or zoomed grassland. One side is 80° and the other is about 95°. He is active, he eats well, he doesn't mind people. Only thing is, he has a little dented area on the bottom of his shell, and between his scutes the lines are very light pink. Is he okay? He also moves his front legs almost like a slow twitch.

TheSulcata

Could you share a video or pictures? Also, for his food you might want to throw in a calcium supplement, like cuttle bone or I use a calcium vitamin powder

Chevy Brinkley

Could you share a video or pictures? Also, for his food you might want to throw in a calcium supplement, like cuttle bone or I use a calcium vitamin powder
I tried cuttle bone and he wouldn't eat it, so I use reptical with no phosphorus and vitamin powder. And yeah!

Chevy Brinkley

Here are the pink lines...and you can sort of see the dent. It's near his back legs.

Attachments

• IMG_20161025_145300.jpg
    IMG_20161025_145300.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
If he has a little dent on his carapace , it may well be what some folks call an "egg bump" ! Its just a slight deformity not really a health issue at all. I think it is caused by to much heat during incubation. Speedy has one also. Other than that he looks good !

Chevy Brinkley

If he has a little dent on his carapace , it may well be what some folks call an "egg bump" ! Its just a slight deformity not really a health issue at all. I think it is caused by to much heat during incubation. Speedy has one also. Other than that he looks good !
Okay great thank you! Good to know it's nothing to worry about!