Sulcata concerns

Savannah Neal

Location (City and/or State)
Near St. Louis
My tortoise has been sleeping more than usual today, and she eats every day just fine, but today she didn’t eat the food I put out for her, should I be worried? What should I do?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
How old is she? If it continues you might get worried. But my sully Opo is 1.5 yrs old and has had a handful of days like that. But everytime it puts me on edge. Good luck

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Lack of appetite is often due to incorrect temps. How are you heating this tortoise and what are the temps?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My tortoise has been sleeping more than usual today, and she eats every day just fine, but today she didn’t eat the food I put out for her, should I be worried? What should I do?
The most common cause for a baby to stop eating is that your enclosure isn't warm enough. But after just one day, I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Savannah Neal

Near St. Louis
How old is she? If it continues you might get worried. But my sully Opo is 1.5 yrs old and has had a handful of days like that. But everytime it puts me on edge. Good luck

I’m not sure exactly how old she is, but she is still roughly small, probably almost a year old

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Can we see your enclosure? Maybe there is a heating problem we can help you solve. Also a pic of your little buddy maybe someone can spot something. Put your ear up to her nose and listen if you can hear any wheezing. Good luck I will have you both in my thoughts