Welcome to the forum

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's a mighy fine lookin' sulcata. Give yourself a pat on the back for raising Henry right!

Cdbond

winston salem
Really?!? Thank you! That is so encouraging to hear as I have no clue what I am doing! Getting him was a "spur of the moment" thing (really my son's pet) and after almost losing him, I treat him like he's my baby. Currently I am researching on outdoor enclosures so he will have more room during the day to move around.

Newbabymama

Kansas
Really?!? Thank you! That is so encouraging to hear as I have no clue what I am doing! Getting him was a "spur of the moment" thing (really my son's pet) and after almost losing him, I treat him like he's my baby. Currently I am researching on outdoor enclosures so he will have more room during the day to move around.
So cute! How did you almost lose him? He looks so healthy now! What a cutie!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome Courtney and Henry! Henry is looking great.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Welcome, Henry is looking really good! Nice and smooth, no signs of pyramiding.

Cdbond

winston salem
So cute! How did you almost lose him? He looks so healthy now! What a cutie!
The place where I bought him did not have him in good conditions. I was told he was 2 months old but I don't know if I believe that. I thought he was doing great but after about 2 months or so he started slowing down on eating and activity. I took him to the vet for a general check up and to see if I was doing the right things. I was told he was 40 grams and dying, retaining fluids and basically malnourished. They gave him Harrison's recovery formula and a series of 8 vitamin A shots.

Newbabymama

Kansas
The place where I bought him did not have him in good conditions. I was told he was 2 months old but I don't know if I believe that. I thought he was doing great but after about 2 months or so he started slowing down on eating and activity. I took him to the vet for a general check up and to see if I was doing the right things. I was told he was 40 grams and dying, retaining fluids and basically malnourished. They gave him Harrison's recovery formula and a series of 8 vitamin A shots.
I currently have a 2-3 mn old possibly (pet store said 2mn when we got him but there is no way. Baby still had its egg tooth). Trying to get my little guy to gain weight! I love seeing hopeful stories! Thanks for sharing.

Cdbond

winston salem
That is why I questioned it. His belly still had a small hole that hasn't closed up and he had his egg toothScreenshot_20221026-100954_Photos.jpg