Sulcata on CL - Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Poor tort, has very bad pyramiding, I hope someone saves him from that person...

chikken

5 Year Member
CT
dalano73 said:
Poor tort, has very bad pyramiding, I hope someone saves him from that person...

I know. I'm hoping that the text on the photo with the copyright and the Tortoise rescue name means that's not the actual picture of THAT tortoise, but if they searched out a photo of a sulcata that looked like theirs to attach that means that their tortoise looks as bad as that one and that makes me sad. If it looks anywhere near that it needs some definite TLC.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
chikken said:
dalano73 said:

I know. I'm hoping that the text on the photo with the copyright and the Tortoise rescue name means that's not the actual picture of THAT tortoise, but if they searched out a photo of a sulcata that looked like theirs to attach that means that their tortoise looks as bad as that one and that makes me sad. If it looks anywhere near that it needs some definite TLC.

Okay I see that, I hope that it's not but if they did find a pic that looks like there's then that is so worry some..

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Oh my goodness. You're right, it looks like the pic belongs to the Long Island tortoise rescue, but, to think that that's the picture they chose to represent their tortoise... I'm afraid to find out what the actual tortoise looks like. :( Hopefully someone who knows what they're doing will get it... Poor thing.

chikken

5 Year Member
CT
Floof said:
Oh my goodness. You're right, it looks like the pic belongs to the Long Island tortoise rescue, but, to think that that's the picture they chose to represent their tortoise... I'm afraid to find out what the actual tortoise looks like. :( Hopefully someone who knows what they're doing will get it... Poor thing.

Yeah, the photo comes from here: http://turtlerescues.com/rescues.htm (Toby, it looks like)

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Thats Not The Actual Pictures Of the Tortoise, Alot Of People Use That Photo.
It Comes up On Google, First When you Type in Sulcatta Tortoise!

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Yes, I am familiar with the picture and sure that's the picture of the tortoise they are looking to re-home. Hope he finds a knowledgeable, loving home soon and I'm sure if Long Island Rescue has placed him up for adoption, then they have taken great care of him while in their care and now he is doing so well, he's ready for a permanent home...so great job to the rescue!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
It looks like "Toby" from the Rescue was already rehomed (if you go to look at his story, linked next to the picture on the page chikken posted), so I'm pretty confident the one on the CL ad isn't the same "Toby" from the rescue. Don't get me wrong, it would be very nice to hear if "Tommy" were one from the rescue for the same reason you mentioned, I just have my doubts...

Jacob, that is true and a very good point. The thing that concerns me is that, the same google search brings up plenty of pictures of much healthier-looking sulcatas, and one would assume people would try to find the one that best resembles the animal in question, yet that is the picture these people chose to represent "Tommy."

Anyway, just my $.02... I sincerely hope "Tommy" the tortoise is in better condition than their image choice implies, but, unfortunately, we'll probably never know.

chikken

5 Year Member
CT
I'm pretty sure that the tortoise pictured in the ad isn't the tortoise listed on CL, just because I know that particular rescue doesn't charge $100 "rehoming" fees. They certainly don't post animals that have been placed with them on CL, they have a decently stringent adoption process. This tortoise, Tommy, is a different completely different animal with an unfortunate photo choice. But just like Taylor said, let's hope Tommy is in better condition than the image choice implies.

Status
Not open for further replies.