Sulcata tortoise size of hatchling

Ops

Location (City and/or State)
California
I adopted 2 7 month old tortoises.One is average size but i am very concerned about the smaller one.The people who i got them from kept them outside in The day in an enclosure (would consistently water to keep humid) but they told me the tortoises would only eat letuce.The tortoise is very small. About a little bigger than a hatchling.I keep their enclosure humidity perfect and their heating 95-100.Do you think theres something wrong with it or will it eventually grow?The tortoise weighs very little about 90grams.
bigger than a hatchling but still very small.The shell looks healthy but ita the size im worried. Does anyone

Ops

California
I adopted 2 7 month old tortoises.One is average size but i am very concerned about the smaller one.The people who i got them from kept them outside in The day in an enclosure (would consistently water to keep humid) but they told me the tortoises would only eat letuce.The tortoise is very small. About a little bigger than a hatchling.I keep their enclosure humidity perfect and their heating 95-100.Do you think theres something wrong with it or will it eventually grow?The tortoise weighs very little about 90grams.
bigger than a hatchling but still very small.The shell looks healthy but ita the size im worried. Does anyone
2, 7 month old tortoises

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
90 grams at 7 months old isn't great, but it isn't terrible either. That is past the threshold of them stalling and dying, which is 50 grams. At 90, it will survive. It may grow slowly for a while, but it will catch up IF you set it up and start caring for it correctly.

Step one is to separate them. Torotises should never live in pairs and the chronic stress of being in a pair will not help this little one.

Follow this care sheet if you want them to thrive and grow, and grow smoothly: