Sulcata's in humane society

miwhaley

Since this is an AZ thread I'm going to post this here as well as adoptions. These two Sulcata's are stuck in a humane society, located in flagstaff AZ. The name is coconino humane society. I do not know how much they want for them, but I do know that they need to be saved. There temp was low and they had pyramiding, not to extreme yet, but still... I assume this is the enclosure they were brought in with. If I could take them I would, but I have a hatchling of my own and no room for two more. I covered them with the hay that was in there as they were trying to burrow into the glass. The water dish they have is not sufficient and they were served only chopped carrots and tomatoes. Here's the pictures I took. If anyone goes they are located in the cat room. Also I'm going back Monday with a friend who's getting a kitten and I will ask about them and the price. There are photos in the AZ tortoise keepers all topics thread, but for some reason I cannot upload them here.

argus333

5 Year Member
local aspca here had a sulcata i tried to save him but they said my home was not good enough for tortoise i have outdoor 20 x 44 ft pen with option to go bigger and heated outdoor shed. meanwhile they had him in a 40 breeder on sand with no water and just a huge heat light that he could not escape. he was 12 inches long. they were feeding him fruit only.

miwhaley

That's crazy! I don't think ours knows enough about it, these are the only reptiles in there, so I feel like they wouldn't judge considering they adopt cats and dogs to anyone with money...

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
Sulcata_Sandy said:
They have been adopted. [GROWING HEART][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Yea! I hope to a great new home!