Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Here's an example of a sunning enclosure that I built. Its for lizards or torts, but you get the idea. I usually partially cover the top with a piece of plywood, but I took it out for the photo. The 12" high border around the bottom keeps them from rubbing their snouts on the wire or trying to escape. I hose the substrate first to try to keep it more humid. It abut 3x8'. I built it out of leftover wood and scraps. I wouldn't leave anything in there all day, but its good for an hour or two, if you are around to watch it. Very secure and protected for babies.
qqznfk.jpg

10rmjgg.jpg

jackiedots

5 Year Member
Dorset England
Tom, that looks sooooo good ! Really safe for them and I can't believe you made it up out of spare bits of wood. You obviously have A1 carpentry skills.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks, but I'm still learning. I'm largely self taught out of necessity. I've got a long way to go, before I'm A1.

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
That is awsome! You couldnt have posted this at any a better a time because I need to build an enclosure somewhat like that for my baby boxies. The cool part is the covering.
Definitly a great idea!
Thanks for sharing;)
John

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ughh someone needs to make something like that for Nelson!
I want to build him an outdoor enclosure but I struggled to build his freaking tort table :p

Looks great!

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy looking at other setups, especially outdoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.