SUNNY YELLOWFOOT???

Kelly71

Location (City and/or State)
london ontario canada
Hi All,
So I think I finally got a pic of the VERY small triangle colour scale in-front of Sunnys 2 long ones?
He does a a little dirt or something at the one side but if you really look you can see it? ThanksIMG_1007.JPG

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi All,
Thanks I really dont care what he is? lol Maybe we will just have to wait until he goes more. lol What I want to know thought does he
look healthy in these pics? I put all that I have of him. I get worried when I hear about Pebbles just passing away11421588_10152796572266968_1042305379_n.jpg and about that other ladies, sorry
I forget her name? She had 2 Redfoots but one looked really yellow? How do you know when u are safe and that they will live, over 6 months
or a year? Thanks

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The tiny babies are flip over happy, but any tortoise could get ill and die. I've got an old girl that one day got sick out of the blue and still isn't well.
As long as she/he eats and you have your temps and lighting correct, just relax.
Most of these little ones make it just fine.
Congratulations on your unusual Yellowfoot score!
It looks well started!

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
Thanks for your kind words. I dont know if his colouring is neat or different for a Yellowfoot? lol Sorry to hear about your sick one.
Hope you can make it better? I would just die if anything happened to Sunny? I dont think there really is any good vets around
hear that know enough about torts for me to feel like if he got sick they would know what to do? I have taken him to 2 vets already? Thanks

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My sick tortoise has her own thread. So far it hasn't been a good story.
Why have you visited the vets office twice?
I meant that Yellowfoot are one of the less common tortoises here.

Kelly71

london ontario canada
Hi,
I just wanted to get him looked at being at a Pet store for a couple of months you never know? He looked good to me however
I dont know enough about them and I really dont think they had him set-up and cared for very well? And they did keep saying he
was a Redfoot not Yellow. I was told both vets would be able to tell what he was they have been dealing with torts one vet 35 years and the other 25 years? They were not very good with torts. lol Thats why am worried if Sunny did get really sick I dont have any vet that I feel could deal with him around here? Thanks Did she ever find out why Pebbles died?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My vet owns a tortoise. However she still has been unable to pin point the illness of my tortoise.
Not one vet has all the answers.
I've grown to trust this forum for my answers and vets less and less.
(I feel that my vet is better than average.)