Supplements

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
Was considering buying some minerALL, and wondered What vitamin supplement would go well with that just wondering what some of you all use or found works best I've been feeding my eight month old leopard the usual grass weeds Clover grape leaves and recently have added some dry mix from Kapidolo Farms with oat straw, plantain, raspberry leaves, moringa, and nettle which I mix in a pinch of a couple different ones every day just looking for send feedback on different products used and once at work seemingly well thanks for any advice in advance

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Was considering buying some minerALL, and wondered What vitamin supplement would go well with that just wondering what some of you all use or found works best I've been feeding my eight month old leopard the usual grass weeds Clover grape leaves and recently have added some dry mix from Kapidolo Farms with oat straw, plantain, raspberry leaves, moringa, and nettle which I mix in a pinch of a couple different ones every day just looking for 20200815_120441.jpgfeedback on different products used and once at work seemingly well thanks for any advice in advance

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I really like my nutribal. Its calcium and multivitamin. I use nutribal on Monday and thursday and minerall on Sunday and Wednesday.
Plus always have the cuttlefish bone. He never uses it though. Atleast not yet. Both my leopard and redfoot don't have any issues eating these 2 on top of their foods. I actually make sure it gets on their favs so I know they get some lol.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Was considering buying some minerALL, and wondered What vitamin supplement would go well with that just wondering what some of you all use or found works best I've been feeding my eight month old leopard the usual grass weeds Clover grape leaves and recently have added some dry mix from Kapidolo Farms with oat straw, plantain, raspberry leaves, moringa, and nettle which I mix in a pinch of a couple different ones every day just looking for send feedback on different products used and once at work seemingly well thanks for any advice in advance
What you are doing now sounds great. I don't think you need much supplementation, if any, with that variety and quality of foods.

I use the RepCal calcium. I've used it for years and just like it. A tiny pinch once or twice a week is all you'd need, if at all.

Same with the MinerAll. Another good product that I like, but not usually needed with such a weedy grassy diet. Once or twice a week will do no harm.

I've gotten away form using vitamin supplements due to the weedy, high variety diets that I'm able to give my tortoises. I used to use Repti-vite or Herptivite. No complaints, but again, I don't find them necessary or particularly beneficial with a good diet. I'd invest that money in more dried leaf offerings from Will. He gave me some different types to try at the last reptile show and I love them. So do my torts. Moringa, echinacea, and nettle. I usually soak a handful or two along with some Timothy hay horse pellets, and mix that mush in with the greens of the day. I also use the "herbal hay" flower mix from tortoisesupply.com and love that one too. Been using the herbal hay for years.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
What you are doing now sounds great. I don't think you need much supplementation, if any, with that variety and quality of foods.

I use the RepCal calcium. I've used it for years and just like it. A tiny pinch once or twice a week is all you'd need, if at all.

Same with the MinerAll. Another good product that I like, but not usually needed with such a weedy grassy diet. Once or twice a week will do no harm.

I've gotten away form using vitamin supplements due to the weedy, high variety diets that I'm able to give my tortoises. I used to use Repti-vite or Herptivite. No complaints, but again, I don't find them necessary or particularly beneficial with a good diet. I'd invest that money in more dried leaf offerings from Will. He gave me some different types to try at the last reptile show and I love them. So do my torts. Moringa, echinacea, and nettle. I usually soak a handful or two along with some Timothy hay horse pellets, and mix that mush in with the greens of the day. I also use the "herbal hay" flower mix from tortoisesupply.com and love that one too. Been using the herbal hay for years.
I wish I could find the Endive or escarole that's the only thing I can't find it the store so I usually just get spring mix I was able to find radicchio and butter leaf but that's about it the reason I wondered about the minerALL is because she's always biting at rocks or the clay Pot hide yesterday she was biting at the wood on the side of the 3x4 frame that I put her in out in the yard I think she was able to get at least 30 minutes of sunshine also there's a big shade screen draped on the side of the tree which created filtered light for her in the enclosure which made it about 84 degrees for her and out in the sun it was 97 to 100 with the temp gun.... thought I read somewhere in the forum that they stopped wanting rocks after getting minerALL..... also I was wondering is it better to get Orchard bark online or just at your pet store?.... I'm going to need probably at least 5 or 6 of those big bags because I'm building her a 4 x 5 enclosure made out of one of those agricultural thousand gallon water tanks they come in those aluminum framed baskets the hard part is going to be finding plexiglass that big I heard it's hard to get now because they use them to make the covid-19 protection windows at counters anyway can't wait to get her in the bigger enclosure also she's been pyramiding so I figured maybe if I got her in a bigger enclosure it might help she definitely needs one as big as she's getting

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I wish I could find the Endive or escarole that's the only thing I can't find it the store so I usually just get spring mix I was able to find radicchio and butter leaf but that's about it the reason I wondered about the minerALL is because she's always biting at rocks or the clay Pot hide yesterday she was biting at the wood on the side of the 3x4 frame that I put her in out in the yard I think she was able to get at least 30 minutes of sunshine also there's a big shade screen draped on the side of the tree which created filtered light for her in the enclosure which made it about 84 degrees for her and out in the sun it was 97 to 100 with the temp gun.... thought I read somewhere in the forum that they stopped wanting rocks after getting minerALL..... also I was wondering is it better to get Orchard bark online or just at your pet store?.... I'm going to need probably at least 5 or 6 of those big bags because I'm building her a 4 x 5 enclosure made out of one of those agricultural thousand gallon water tanks they come in those aluminum framed baskets the hard part is going to be finding plexiglass that big I heard it's hard to get now because they use them to make the covid-19 protection windows at counters anyway can't wait to get her in the bigger enclosure also she's been pyramiding so I figured maybe if I got her in a bigger enclosure it might help she definitely needs one as big as she's getting
There has got to be a store near you that sells arugula, endive, escarole and dandelion greens. You can also use cilantro, bok choy, Swiss chard, carrot tops, celery tops, collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, kale, water cress,spinelss opuntia pads, etc... Still best to use more "natural" foods like mulberry leaves, grape vine leaves, various types of hibiscus, weeds, and lots of grasses. You can sprinkle some grass seed in a pot and get it going easily.

MinerAll will help curb the rock eating behavior.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
There has got to be a store near you that sells arugula, endive, escarole and dandelion greens. You can also use cilantro, bok choy, Swiss chard, carrot tops, celery tops, collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, kale, water cress,spinelss opuntia pads, etc... Still best to use more "natural" foods like mulberry leaves, grape vine leaves, various types of hibiscus, weeds, and lots of grasses. You can sprinkle some grass seed in a pot and get it going easily.

that sounds good it's driving me crazy that she's always trying to eat Pebbles even when I think I've got them all cleaned out of the little outside enclosure she amazes me and finds them ... LOL... I've been growing an organic garden for the last 10 years which works out pretty good for some of our animals and at the beginning of the year I had a lot of collards growing so that was much of her beginning diet back in April I think weeds and grass differently are a testament to a long life we had a guinea pig that unfortunately died day before yesterday but had lived in our backyard for 11 years grazing on weeds and grass and they usually only live to be 7 or 8 so that tells you something about how good nature is to us I bet if I didn't have to bring him in during the hot summer months he would still be alive right now he just can't get much exercise in that little cage after having a huge backyard what about rose leaves? I know they can't have citrus all I have to offer my yard is clover and grape leaves in abundance or what about leaves and flowers from Lantana or bird of paradise? Occasionally I give her a Carrot Tops or grated carrots also the reason I asked you about the calcium supplement is cuz I heard reptocal was garbage which is what I've been using since the beginning but if you get with it that's cool I won't stress on it too much another thing I thought was odd was this morning the scale claimed she lost 10 grams in a week which I recall that happening months ago where she lost almost that much weight in a week but then bounced back plus she had a chance to poop this morning before I weighed her so that could be be some of it normally I weigh her before she poops

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az

so I heard you can order the spineless cactus pads online that's pretty cool I always get the ones in the neighborhood that have spines and I have to fillet them to get the meat out of The Middle she loves them and the red fruits too which I give to her maybe once a week if that

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu

I went to a health food store and found endive there in the organic vegetable section.