• Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Sweet Baby Sulcata

AsaPatrick-Ricard

Location (City and/or State)
Yuba City, CA
Left Aša in the sink today with the water running (so that I could fill the bowl I use for brushing)... came back and (s)he'd pooped right in the drain (it was open). Haha.

Aša is 130 grams today. I am worried about the humidity being too low. It's very dry here, even with a humidifier going 24/7. I soak for much, much longer now- sometimes for 2 or more hours at a time. I finally got a kiddie pool for an outdoor enclosure- pretty hard to find for a while- and there's a sprinkler next to it, so I can keep it pretty moist inside. But I don't think Aša likes being in it. (S)he just hides in the shaded part. Even though I open and spray the indoor enclosure very often, Aša's shell just looks so dry unless (s)he is soaking. There's a water bowl inside, and I frequently find Aša in it. I don't want Aša to dehydrate! What can I do?

(I tried to take a photo of the indoor enclosure, but I am not comfortable posting it, as it reveals too much of my bedroom.) 20190506_182529.jpg 20190422_162814.jpg

MPappagallo

Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Beach, SC
Your baby is ador
able! I am hoping to get a sulcata soon, so I enjoy seeing what others post about theirs! Best of luck with yours!