Switch up boxie diet

NikkiW18

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I am trying to switch up my yearling boxie diet so he eat more fruit and veggies. Right now I feed him worms every other day and always have out spring mix, and different fruits. He eats the worms great but never eats the fruits or veggies the days in between. I’m wanting to get him to eat less worms and more veggies. I did feed him any worms for about 3 days and when I would put him infront of the veggies he would nibble on the cantaloupe or a grape but not eat too much of it. Any suggestions on how to go about this?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
As colleen said chop them up tiny. Then soak some turtle pellets, mash them up, and mix the veggies in there good so everything is coated. You can also use a small amount of high quality, grain free canned dog food sometimes in place of the turtle pellets. I have also used this on occassion....

Attachments

• 20170830_124417.jpg
    20170830_124417.jpg
    719.2 KB · Views: 12

NikkiW18

Arizona
chop the greens and fruits/veg up super small and add it that way. Mix it well.
Do I stop feeding him worms completely so he’s forced to eat the veggies or just feed him worms twice a week instead of every other day? Thank you!

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Chop up the greens and mix them with the pellets or dog food as previously suggested, or if you your aren't too squeamish you can chop up the worms and mix the chopped veggies in with them.

NikkiW18

Arizona
Chop up the greens and mix them with the pellets or dog food as previously suggested, or if you your aren't too squeamish you can chop up the worms and mix the chopped veggies in with them.
Great, thank you!