Swollen legs with skin & claws falling off

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
its more the "wholesalers" or resellers. the issue is MANY so called "breeders" in fact dont breed at all or if they do and they are low on animals they will also then buy them and bring them in and sell them as their "own" animals they bred. this is where the confusion comes in. so even sellers who have never had a case if they bring in ANY outside animals from anyone who has issues with this they then become susceptible to passing this on if you see what i mean. just because someone is not on our list doesnt mean they will not have this happen. the key is to make 100% they dont bring in any outside animals into either their breeding groups or to resell as babies.
Understand, obviously I don't breed or resell. Can't stand flippers.

Rachels

Location (City and/or State)
Meridian Idahio
Hi All,

It seems like I am posting here almost weekly with new problems. Not sure what I could be doing wrong to cause so many different problems. Big guys has a massive back leg, lefty has growths on his neck, and now righty’s legs are swelling and the flesh thats swelling is extremely soft and breaks away at the slightest touch.

I noticed this morning that one of his claws on his legs had come off and when I went to look at it and see what was wrong I saw that the rest of his leg skin/flesh was super weak. I was able to take off big chunks of flesh just by rubbing it gently. Not sure if it is just layers and layers of dead skin but it was shocking to be sure.

I then looked at his front legs and they seemed to be just as weak and when rubbed the skin came off and started to bleed underneath. I have since bandaged his leg and have him in a seperate enclosure on papertowels to make sure he doesnt hurt himself further for the time being.

After seeing this I went and inspected the other torts and it looks like franklins front leg is also starting to swell and the new skin is weak and rubbing off. The yellow skin at the ends of their arms/legs are whats swelling and seemingly falling apart. A few days ago they were dark brown and scaley and now the yellow skin is swelling through.

I am at a loss for what could be happening to my torts. I started them completely wrong but for the last 3 months have had them in an enclosed chamber, daily soaks, 95 basking to 73 cool. 70-73 night temp. Feeding them a mix of escarole, dandelion and endive. I have also let them be out in their outside enclosure for the last two days so im not sure if theres any common insects that do this. They are all still very active/eating/pooping normally. Not sure if that rules out any possible problems.

Any advice or tips would be great! The earliest my Vet could get me in is next thursday but I will try and call and get that moved up
feed him mazuri damp mixed with fruit? greens? veggies? Is he getting sunshine..I think this is time to go see a reptile vet.dont be cheap..please he needs help asap