Tables

Johnny Wizz

We have a three year old Hermann and she is housed in a table 3' 6" x 2'. We would like something bigger for her but I am struggling to find a supplier of large tables. Please don't suggest that I make my own, I am a DIY disaster!!

Anybody know any good suppliers. I probably want to go up to 5'0 x 3'.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Look for a Christmas tree storage bin made by Iris. Should cost you less than $50. You can find them easily around Christmas time, but are hard to find at other times. And the ones you find on the 'net are sometimes overpriced. It's about 4'x 2'.

Oh man! I just looked it up online and Wal-mart had them for $15. If I had known that I would have gone in and bought a couple:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/IRIS-Holiday-Tree-Storage-Tote/48037028

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Also, I know you said your not a dyi person. However a large book case or dresser can make a good size enclosure with little dyi needed. Basically removing shelves or drawers and lining with plastic.

yillt

We have a three year old Hermann and she is housed in a table 3' 6" x 2'. We would like something bigger for her but I am struggling to find a supplier of large tables. Please don't suggest that I make my own, I am a DIY disaster!!

Anybody know any good suppliers. I probably want to go up to 5'0 x 3'.
Hi. I am currently searching for a new cage as well. My options are as follows:
-rubber maid tub
-Christmas tree storage box
-old Billy bookcase (or any bookcase)
-A kiddies paddling pool
-a CandC rodent cage (personable to any size you want. They are very good as you can add a lid for the humidity and they can just be added when you want it to be bigger. I think that I am going to go with the CandC or paddling pool. Good luck.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Its actually quite easy to biild one...just head over to your local homedepot or hardware store ..pick whatever wood type you want and what your dimensions will be...then you just drill it together...later on if you like you can add legs to it made of plywood. Its not hard at all. You can do it..