Tank maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashbelys

5 Year Member
I currently have a tetra reptofilter and It doesn't seem to be very efficient. There is not much water in the tank that it should be struggling to keep it clean. I have had it for about 2 weeks and the water is already gross. Does anyone know how often the cartridge needs changed or if there is something else I can do to keep the water clear? It's a huge pain to have to clean it so often.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
I did the same thing, my suggestion is to take it and throw it in the trash and buy a canister filter or a wet dry sump. Truaaqua.com has some inexpensive canister filters

ashbelys

5 Year Member
How do the canister filters work and how much do they cost?

Diamondbacks4Life

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Alot of things that say for reptiles are junk items sadly. Filters are a big one. Canister have lines that run to and from the water and lead to a canister filled with media and sponges to clean the water. Canister filters are the most powerful type of filter you can get.

Id go to ebay or amazon. Your choice and search for Sunsun canister filters. They are very cheap and work excellent. Id go with one with built in uv sterilizer for a boost to help maintain the water looking perfect. Go for one thats rated for a tank double to triple the size of your tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.