Temper tantrum

Jay Bagley

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
So since Sheldon has had pinworms, we have cleaned all the bedding out of his enclosure. I was going to try to use newspaper as a temporary substrate so as he defecates or walks through his food we could just do a quick change. He tried to eat the newspaper so I removed all of that. Since removing the bedding, I can tell he is unhappy. He has been stomping around his enclosure, and making all sorts of noise. As I stepped out to put a load of towels away that I just folded, I heard a bang. He had actually pushed over his railing, and I wish I would have had my phone to get the look on his face. He was just staring at me like, that's right I did that LOL. Definitely gives me more incentive to hurry up and finish his larger enclosure. But want to make sure he's worm free before I introduce him to it Was just wondering when people encounter pinworms or other parasites and you are treating them what kind of temporary bedding do you use.20180326_162850_Burst01.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LMAO, I can see the tantrum. I have a couple torts that will throw one once in a while.
I have not had to treat for worms. However, newspaper or paper towel is the best to use. If you use anything else, like substrate, you will just keep reinfecting. If he won't leave any of it alone, he will have to go without any.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
LMAO, I can see the tantrum. I have a couple torts that will throw one once in a while.
I have not had to treat for worms. However, newspaper or paper towel is the best to use. If you use anything else, like substrate, you will just keep reinfecting. If he won't leave any of it alone, he will have to go without any.
Thanks Wellington, I wish I could have seen it happen..haha. I got there just in time to see the aftermath.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
I can just imagine :D Vlad wasn't too happy when his substrate came out. Maybe try newspaper down first then a layer of light cardboard which might be harder for him to try to eat?

I got a kick out of the photo :tort:

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I can just imagine :D Vlad wasn't too happy when his substrate came out. Maybe try newspaper down first then a layer of light cardboard which might be harder for him to try to eat?

I got a kick out of the photo :tort:
I grabbed some unused cardboard boxes from work last night, when I wake up I'm going to stick them in there and see how they hold up. He can definitely have an attitude from time to time. It's cute now, a 100 lbs from now.... I feel sorry for whatever gets in his way. Hopefully it won't be my shins lol.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I had a wooden hide I made for Murphy the first few months I had him. Then I bought a plastic storage container and cut a hole in the side to use as a hide for him. When I came home from work the first day it was in there he had pushed the hide from one side of the enclosure to the other, flipped his food dish, and bulldozed every plant that had been in his enclosure. The temper tantrums are really no joke lol.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I had a wooden hide I made for Murphy the first few months I had him. Then I bought a plastic storage container and cut a hole in the side to use as a hide for him. When I came home from work the first day it was in there he had pushed the hide from one side of the enclosure to the other, flipped his food dish, and bulldozed every plant that had been in his enclosure. The temper tantrums are really no joke lol.
I wish I could witness more the funny stuff they do. I usually just get to see the aftermath, sometimes I consider setting up a camera like I've heard other people doing. Murphy sounds like a pretty cool dude.