Temperature guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

laney

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Aberdeen, Scotland
Want to get one but not sure if there are
Different types or if it's just a brand thing.?
Is the laser thing safe for the torts? Or is that just a stupid question?
Thanks

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Hi Laney, I got my IR laser temperature gun at home depot. There are many different brands, some are very expensive. You don't need a super expensive one. I can't remember how much mine was, I think it was around $30. I sometimes take temperatures off my torts carapace, I just wouldn't shine the laser light anywhere near their eyes. The light is like what comes out of those scanner guns at the supermarket. You can find them at home depot, lowes, amazon, I'm sure even walmart or target probably have some as well.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Radio Shack has IR temp guns without laser pointer for 15 to 20 dollars. I've had mine for about five years and still is right on.

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Thanks for the replies :)
I looked up those PE-1 and PE-2 guns, they look great. I cant seem to see any being sold in uk :( ebay and amazon seem to be sellers from USA and just a google search keeps coming up with overseas stockists too. Anyone know where i can get my hands on one?? I dont want to wait ages for delivery or i would get from overseas

crussellii

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Laurie said:
Hi Laney, I got my IR laser temperature gun at home depot. There are many different brands, some are very expensive. You don't need a super expensive one. I can't remember how much mine was, I think it was around $30. I sometimes take temperatures off my torts carapace, I just wouldn't shine the laser light anywhere near their eyes. The light is like what comes out of those scanner guns at the supermarket. You can find them at home depot, lowes, amazon, I'm sure even walmart or target probably have some as well.

I got mine at Home Depot. Ryobi is the manufacturer they carry

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Boooo.
That's it me Harley and Yoshi are moving to America!
Can't seem to find the ones people have recommended in the uk, I have seen other ones online that I can order from uk, I guess they will do the job.
Thanks for all the replies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.