Temporary living somewhere else

Pure Tortoise Power

Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
Long story short, me and my family are going for a four day trip. And my 4 month old sully will be temporarily taken care of by my uncle. And here's the question, should I move the big tank that acts as the enclosure along with all the dishes and decorations to my uncle's home, or get a smaller tank for temporarily enclosing it? In other words, which is more important, convenience or is adaptability?

Note: my uncle can't come to my home instead as our home are pretty far apart.

xMario

Germany
Long story short, me and my family are going for a four day trip. And my 4 month old sully will be temporarily taken care of by my uncle. And here's the question, should I move the big tank that acts as the enclosure along with all the dishes and decorations to my uncle's home, or get a smaller tank for temporarily enclosing it? In other words, which is more important, convenience or is adaptability?

Note: my uncle can't come to my home instead as our home are pretty far apart.
I think if u have ur lights on a timer u could leave him alone for 4 days just make sure that u have two dishes of water and lots of food inside of his enclosure but I'm not an expert better wait for some more experienced keepers to give u advice [emoji16] good luck[emoji217] [emoji106]

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
I think if u have ur lights on a timer u could leave him alone for 4 days just make sure that u have two dishes of water and lots of food inside of his enclosure but I'm not an expert better wait for some more experienced keepers to give u advice [emoji16] good luck[emoji217] [emoji106]
Well, even if I have a light that auto turns on and off, the food is still a problem. Since I use commercial tortoise food, it needs to be softened by water in order to allow my hatchling eat. And if the softened food is left overnight, I believe there would be a lot of gems, which is unhealthy for my sully.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Soak your tortoise the day before you leave. The morning you leave, remove the water bowl and drop a couple of opuntia pads into the enclosure. Then soak again when you return and replace the water bowl.

If you don't want to do that, then take the whole enclosure to Uncle's house, and make sure his room temp is close to the room temp at your house.