Temps outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay, FL
So this weekend the lows are 63 at night. And I looked at the 10 day forecast and it says an average of 58 at night which I'm sure will change but it looks like we are done with the cold weather here. SO my question is can I go ahead and put Eleanor in her outdoor enclosure? I will still have the CHE in her hide. Do I leave that on all the time or just at night? Temps during the day are in the high 70's.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Our weather here is nice and warm too, but I'm still turning on the lights in the tortoise sheds. I like for them to have a spot where they can warm up just in case the sun isn't warm enough. I'll continue turning on the day lights until the weather outside is consistently in the 80's.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Several authors say that they put the big ones out when it is routinely above 65F and the littler ones out at 70, but that they will certainly let them out for a bit of frolicking on nice days otherwise.

I plan on going by soil temps. My guys are not going out until I can put my hand on the soil and hold it there for a while without it getting cool. With the winter we had here, this may take a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.