termite treatment

Clamhandsmcgee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
I just had a termite treatment done today. I brought him in while they drilled and sprayed around the foundation. I made a makeshift enclosure as far as I could away from the house. When can I let potato have his yard back? Thanks in advance!

Clamhandsmcgee

5 Year Member
Tennessee
They drilled around the foundation around the house. They also made a trench next to the house and put chemicals in it. He usually has the run of the whole backyard, until now. I want to give him his yard back, but only when it's safe.

zenoandthetortoise

5 Year Member
Termite treatments are usually drilled and/or soil drenches, not sprayed. Did they leave an service tag as to what material was used?

Clamhandsmcgee

5 Year Member
Tennessee
That's what I said, it was drilled and poured in a trench. I don't know what chemicals they used, but I'll find out tomorrow.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Last edited by a moderator:

Clamhandsmcgee

5 Year Member
Tennessee
He is still in his temporary enclosure. I believe I'll just fence off the back half of the yard until I'm sure it's safe. I asked the technician when i can let him back out, and he said now. He did say that the chemical bonds to the soil and not the grass, but I'm still going to wait.