Testudo mix in Canada?

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
Does anyone know if there is a company selling/shipping a product like Testudo mix to Canada? TortoiseSupply doesn't ship out of the US and it would be so much more convenient to buy a tort approved mix rather than collecting individual seed varieties.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sarah, and welcome to the Forum!

I love it when new members ask a question than answer it themselves!! Good thing you did, because I didn't know the answer.

What kind of tortoise do you keep, Sarah?

Last edited:

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
I actually don't keep any tortoises yet (that's why I was saving my introduction until I had a tort to show) - we're waiting to purchase a red foot until after we have the enclosures fully set up (and temps and humidity consistent) and the plantings well started. I was looking for a leafy green heavy ground cover mix, and it looks like Carolina Pet Supply's Russian mix or Sulcata Food's Forest mix will fit the bill nicely.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You don't have to buy seeds from a tortoise store. Plenty of seed companies sell the kind of seeds you want. Look at the list of ingredients in the seed mixture you like at Carolina Pet Supply, then do a 'net search for those seeds.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Sarah and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Good luck with your preparations. This is the hardest part.
The rewards you reap will more than compensate for the time, effort and money spent now.